Personalized Assistance With Family Law Matters
While all legal issues have a certain amount of stress associated with them, family law matters can be particularly straining. Whether working through a divorce, making modifications to child custody arrangements or drafting a prenuptial agreement, the outcome of these situations will likely have lasting ramifications. Securing the legal counsel of an attorney who will take the time to understand your unique circumstances is critical.
At the law office of John A. Macconi, Jr. LLC, you will find skilled and caring legal assistance for a wide array of family matters. Based in Wilmington, we serve clients in all three Delaware counties and the neighboring states of Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Your Advocate For Wide-Ranging Family Law Needs
Our family law attorney provides one-on-one counsel in the following cases, among others:
- Contested or uncontested divorce: We help clients work through the division of assets and debts and negotiate alimony/spousal support when necessary.
- Child custody and visitation: We can assist with move-away requests, visitation schedules and many other issues while defending your parental rights.
- Child support issues: In most situations, a set formula determines child support. However, it is possible to deviate from the set Child Support Guidelines in some instances, and we can advocate for this when appropriate.
- Modifications: When circumstances significantly change for you, your ex-spouse or your child, it may be necessary to seek a post-divorce modification of an existing family court order.
- Domestic violence: If you or your children are in danger of abuse, we can help you seek a restraining order/protective order to keep you out of harm’s way. We also represent those who are wrongly accused of domestic violence.
- Prenuptial agreements: We help couples establish legal agreements before marriage to protect their interests should the relationship end.
While we strive to help our clients reach settlements outside of court whenever possible, we are prepared to litigate your case before a judge if necessary.
Discuss Your Options An Experienced Family Law Attorney
John A. Macconi, Jr. leverages his bachelor’s degree in finance with his experience as a family law attorney to help clients work through complex financial matters such as the division of assets in a divorce. We understand that the decisions you make today can have a significant impact on your future, and we make your best interests our top priority.